Friday, April 4, 2008

In Tempe...

Well, I made it to Tempe in one piece aboard Delta. Given the recent stories about the FAA getting nice and cozy with airlines, it wasn't a given, I suppose.

Anyways, I'm here for IRE's advanced statistics boot camp, which has me stoked. I feel like it could help shore up one of my weaknesses.

I was supposed to meet up with other students and the two teachers, Steve Doig and Jen LaFleur, for food and adult beverages...but the bed kept calling. Or something like that.

I had to leave Ft. Lauderdale on an 8 a.m. flight, which meant I had to get to the airport about 6:45 a.m. So I woke up at 5 a.m. after getting to bed somewhere around midnight.

Got to the desert fabulous Twin Palms, which features peach doors, parrots, and dogs in the lobby, about 2:30 p.m. Set the clock for 4:30 p.m. to meet them at 6 p.m. Next thing I know, it's 10 p.m.

Too bad. Oh well, it means I'm up early and ready to go this morning.

So it's off to do some journalism learning.

No comments: