Friday, August 22, 2008

So I'm finally settled ....

Well, we've found a place here in downtown Dallas, which means I can walk to work. This is a much-needed development for the expanded waistline, which has existed since college.

We still don't have Internet access at home, which means my attempt to start up blogging again is difficult. No, it's not that I haven't ordered Internet service...for I have. From AT&T, which supposedly installed it on Saturday, but I haven't been able to get it working yet.

And no --- it's not user idiocy this time around. I've had to call India twice, and both times the representative said there are "line problems" and a tech would come out to fix it. After the first call, I got a call to say everything is working. I got home and that wasn't true. I've called a second time, got the same excuse, but haven't received an update.

And no, I didn't want DSL. But it was the only service available in my building.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even realize you had left the Sun-Sentinel! (Sorry, SunSentinel) You liked South Florida so much you stayed for all of, what, 15 minutes?