Monday, February 4, 2008

Sorry for the quiet...

I know the posts are few and far between. You see, I'm getting married.

I proposed back in September or so when Tribune flew Kathryn and I down here for a house-hunting trip. Since then, it's been kind of a logistical balancing act.



Kathryn has flown here and I've been back home to Oklahoma. For those of you who don't know me, I grew up in Tulsa. I went to Oklahoma State University and then took a job at The Oklahoman, the state's largest metro daily based in Oklahoma City.

It was weird leaving Oklahoma City. It's a metro of more than 1 million people that's rapidly growing. Just 20 years ago, it was a dusty cow town where no one wanted to live. Fast forward a couple decades and hundreds of millions of dollars in public and private capital investments and it's a different city with an NBA team on the way.



But it was time to leave. It was time to do something --- and live somewhere --- different.

So tomorrow, she's loading up her remaining things --- most of them are already here --- and her mom's friend is driving the truck down here. Kathryn will fly down on Thursday night. The truck will arrive Saturday.

A bit of an exclamation point on the relocation of my life.

She'll fly back for a couple weeks and then I'll join her before our March 1 wedding.

So the posts may be few and far between until then. So stick with me. Sooner or later I'll think of something interesting to say.

1 comment: